Saturday, April 11, 2009

New Beginings

Art is an expression of the soul.

As I'm sure you've guessed, this blog is dedicated to art. I decided to create a blog for my art as I didn't want to swamp the other one with all my paintings and sketches.
Ever since I was a kid I loved to draw and color. I was always drawing pictures, coloring, pen and paper were my friends. But I was also a little temperamental and if the drawing wasn't exactly to my liking I would scribble it up/rip it/ crumple it, and it would end up in the trash. This trend carried on into my teens and that's why I don't have many samples of my art to this day. I've tried to reverse this trend and tell myself, "even if it's horrible, but you still have to keep it". So, I do have a few scraps here and there.
Now I understand it doesn't have to be perfect.--It never is and never will be. "It's not where you're going, but how you get there that counts." Well that's true of my paintings, I have so much fun painting it doesn't matter so much anymore how it turns out in the end. It's how I feel on paper. It's my heart on canvas...so take it or leave it!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! yes it is honey! And that's how art it is supposed to be, to express your feelings, your heart deep down inside. It doesn't have to be perfect, nobody's perfect. Keep it up Stephie, it's really pleasant to look at it and one day , you will leave a heritage to u'r own kids. I love it!

    ReplyDelete